Thursday, March 13, 2008

COMING BACK SOON

After an absence of almost two years, I intend to revive this blog and post here more frequently. What has caused this change of heart? I think there is still a lot to be said about what is going in Ghana and the world at large which is not being written anywhere I have looked. I intend to build up the pace slowly so I urge my two readers to be patient and keep returning to the site.

It has been interesting to read the news about Ghanaians “airlifted” to Barbados purported to be on a ground-breaking tourist trip which is now unraveling as a an immigration scam. You can read here about how some Barbadians feel about it and amuse yourself with some of the comments. I actually thought Yellow fever had been almost eradicated but this is the disease someone fears most on the island with the arrival of the West African visitors.

I will write more on that ill-fated trip by Ghana International Airlines to Barbados, after the story reaches its conclusion with the departure of the stranded visitors. I take this opportunity to thank the people of Barbados who have been generous in taking care of the needs of these Ghanaians, while they await a swift removal which cannot come too soon for many people on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Ghanaians will do well to remember this kindness in the unlikely event that global warming causes the oceans to rise and the island of Barbados happens to be evacuated.

No comments: